– Pulling a few strands out in random areas on the net can encourage horses to get going. When they pull strands to nibble, more will follow.
– Tie the net between 2 points so it is in a fixed position. Keeping the Trickle Net still can help in the beginning whilst they are getting used to using it.
– Soak some hay in the Trickle Net then hang it up to drain a few hours. This opens up the holes, making it a little easier for your horse to get nibbling!
-Mixing in / feeding tasty haylage in your Trickle Net is a great way to tempt a fussy eater to try a bit harder.
– Tipping in hard feed so it filters through the net is also a brilliant way to encourage horses to go foraging and tuck into their Trickle Nets.
– If your horse is unshod, try using the Trickle Net on the ground. If you are feeding hard feed, a great tip is to shake the bucket feed on top of the Trickle Net whilst it’s on the ground. As the horses finish their feed they will go foraging into the Trickle Net.